Tuesday 7 June 2011

Always left or right?

Since I got here, I've been very confused about the traffic - the left side of the road seems confusing.  It is also confusing that people, when taking stairs down to the tube, or out seem to walk on the right side.  Sidewalks, people tend to walk on the right as well, until someone is walking the other way (head on), and then everyone moves left.   It is also different in different neighbourhoods.  I just do what they do :)  Today at Sassoon, my model did not arrive, so I got to check out every one's cuts and styles.  At first I was feeling down, but then I realized just how much more I learned by watching my fellow students do hair.  Tomorrow instead of one model, I get to do two, and was promised I would do something very out there, as I was left out today.  The school is very well organized, and the staff extremely professional.  I was also schooled in proper English - its' not a laundry mat dear, its a Launderette.   I was hoping I would not have to do laundry this soon, but I only brought one pair of long pants, and the forecast is for rain, rain and more rain, although the later part of the day has been sunny.  Keep posted for my wicked photos tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment