Saturday 4 June 2011

I'm here and things are so different

Had a great flight, albeit long.  I had a window seat, and my mate beside me was from Glasglow Scotland. She pointed out a few things about Scotland as we flew over.  Lovely lady.  I spent most of the time having to pee and not wanting to wake her so that I could.  I have been awake for 29 hours now, and feel a little funny.  I decided to take a cab to my flat, and what an experience!  I would never want to drive here, ever. Its crazy, pedestrians running out into traffic,  buses going down a super skinny two way street, and cars parked higgily piggily on both sides of the street.  The cab was so cute, a real smart looking old style car, but new.  I met Marc (Castletown House Manager) at the flat and dropped my bags while they fixed up my room.  I decided to pick up some groceries, and was really tripped out by the supermarket.  Butter is in the fridge, but eggs are not!  I bought an Oyster card to travel the tube, then went to Marble Arch for some clothes shopping.  Encountered some surly staff at one shop, but once I told the girl "helping" me that she had nice hair, and that I was not American, all of a sudden I was her best friend.  Checked out Primark, its so crazy busy there, lots of clothes for 7GBP and under....I have had 4 people ask if I am American, and once I say no, they are much more friendly.  Poor Mericans!  Now I am feeling the affects of no sleep and flight.  Marc said that the pub up the street is a right smart place for some ale, so I think I will go and darken their doorstep, once I shower and change into my new blouse.  It's so amazing here, so vibrant, and busy - and inspiring.  I can't wait to see it with fresh eyes tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment