Wednesday 8 June 2011

Rhymes with....

I have to come up with a word better than inspiring.....but that is exactly how I feel.  This city is so vibrant, cheerful and crazy.  I went to Oxford Circus, Marble Arch, and Bond street today.  I am finding my way around quite easily, and people are more than willing to point me in the right direction.  Bought some lovely frocks today at New Look, went into Selfridges, Top Shop, and Accessorize.

At Vidal Sassoon, I did a cut model, of course with disconnection, and channeling!!!!  Channeling is so very rad.  I also gave her roundish bangs that were slightly longer in the middle to higher on the sides.  It was a super fun cut.  BTW one of our instructors looks just like Freddy Mercury...  I also had the honour of hearing Caroline Cox speak, she works directly with Vidal Sassoon's international creative director to figure out the seasonal trends.  Today she explained that in times of recession, the street fashion becomes the leader, as opposed to the designers inventing it.  People have less money, so become more inventive and creative I guess.  She also explained some of the trends right now in London, and how they relate to Sassoon's latest collection.  It was so nice to hear it from her perspective.  I took photos of the slide show, and the references as well.  Unfortunately they are on my camera, and I forgot to bring the cable to attach it to my laptop.  I will post them when I get home.  Caroline has written a number of amazing books, which we got to see, but were not able to purchase at the school.  Handbags, Shoes, and few others - all full of beautiful photos, I actually went right to Selfridge's and bought the only book they had of hers called Grown-up Glamour, how to age fabulously by the women who got it right.

I believe I saw my most favoured designer of all time Vivienne Westwood, on Bond Street.  She was of course with bright orange hair, pleatherish pants, and jacket, and the most amazing wedge shoes, they looked like something that Lady Gaga would wear.  Of course, I did not see her face, but I will forever think it was her.

And on that note, I say GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment