Monday 6 June 2011

Vidal Sassoon, surprises & inspiration



We were the first in the world to witness the mid-season trend for Vidal Sassoon.  It was a surprise for all of us.  I took lots of photos, and was so very inspired, perhaps more than I have ever been.  Check out the link - http://www.sassoon.com/collections/tribeTwo.php  Lots of disconnection, but done softly, and beautiful hues of blonde, golden pinks, inky blue greens, dark purples.  It was the first time in a while that they actually soften the disconnections with point cutting (for all you hair geeks out there).  Some of the techniques I have been doing for a while, and I only realized it now.  There are going to be lots of students over the next 4 days, but not many speak English, they all have interpreters.  Said interpreters were sitting downstairs while the students listened to them on headsets.  BTW Chenoa - if your reading this, everyone loved my hair!  Tomorrow I will be cutting and colouring, one of the beautiful styles I saw today.  Can hardly wait :)

Very current London trend - Young Fogeys (50's-60's inspired)
Inspiration taken from Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, London in the 60's
 

An example of the golden pinks (too bad it does not show up quite as well in photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment