Thursday 9 June 2011

Lyceum Lion

Had an amazing day, got to do two cuts and colours, learned loads of new techniques.  I was overloaded by the end though.  A classmate of mine (Angie from Ireland) and I went to see The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre, it was built in 1834, and although its certainly not one of the oldest buildings, it is definitely the oldest I've ever been in.  It was so beautiful with balconies overhanging the circle, it was the model for many theatres afterwards.  Henry Irving and the Melville Brothers both managed here, and put on productions here.  Bram Stoker also was a business manager here for 27 years.  Interesting little bit of history ain't it.   I skyped the kids and Morley, it was so great to see their little blurry faces, and hear Shane say "EAT", and Sadie giving me her gapped tooth grin.  I do really miss them.  Well, its 12:52 am here now, so must go to bed.  Ta Ta and Cheerio :)

No comments:

Post a Comment